The 18th Foundations of Digital Games (FDG) held in Lisbon, Portugal, invites all research contributions in the form of papers, posters, demos, doctoral consortium applications, as well as panels, competitions and workshop proposals. We invite contributions from within and across any discipline committed to advancing knowledge on the foundations of games: computer science, engineering, mathematics, natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, arts and design.
- Technical Game Development, Novel Controllers
- Game Design, Studio Practices, Novel Mechanics, Novel Experiences
- Game Analytics and Visualization
- Game Artificial Intelligence
- Game Criticism and Analysis
- Games Beyond Entertainment
Papers should have a maximum of 10 pages, excluding references, reporting new research. Papers need to be anonymized and submitted in the ACM SIGCONF version of the ACM Master Template within their respective track using EasyChair. FDG 2023 is held in cooperation with ACM and ACM SIG AI, SIGGRAPH and SIGCHI.
Accepted papers will be included in the proceedings under the respective track submitted. When submitting, authors are requested to select the track that fits more closely to their submitted work.
Papers and Demos will receive double-blind peer reviews. All other submissions will be single-blind. All papers are guaranteed at least three reviews. Games and Demos are guaranteed two reviews. There will be no rebuttal.
- Submission Deadline: 4th November 2022
- Workshops, Panels and Competition Deadlines: 21st October 2022
- Late-Breaking Paper: 27th of January 2023
- Games & Demos Deadline: 27th of January 2023
- Conference Dates: 11th-14th of April 2023
Statement of Values
The organizers, general chairs and program chairs of the Foundation of Digital Games 2023 conference affirm the event's commitment to scholarly integrity, collegiality and professionalism, and inclusivity towards scholars of all backgrounds. This conference follows the ethos defined by our code of conduct.